By GL Jones
- In May of 2013, with the suggestion of a spiritual counselor, I started an in depth Study of Narcissism.
- I am 4 years into this study as of 5/14/17 and I am still learning more & more each day about Narcissism!
- Takes advantage of others to reach their own goals
- Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments
- Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others
- Envies others and believes that others envy them
- Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attraction, power, intelligence
- Lacks the ability to emphasize with others
- Is arrogant in attitude and behavior
- Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic
- These symptoms can often be mirrored by a person with strong self esteem but the difference is that the the narcissist tends to always hurt others because of their strong pathological disregard or lack of empathy for others
- There is a very thin line between Being Conceited & being Confident!
- The Narcissist has such an elevated sense of self worth that they value themselves as inherently better than the others; when in fact they have a very fragile self esteem!
- Narcissist cannot handle criticism!
- Narcissist will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self worth!
- It is this tendency that is characteristic of Narcissism that is not seen in healthy people.
- Know the difference between Normal Self Esteem vs Narcissism