The 3 Abominations to the LORD
By GL Jones
Proverbs 15:2, 5, 8-10, 12, 14, 26 KJV
2- “The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
5- A fool despiseth his father’s instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
8- The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
9- “The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the Lord: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.
10- Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.”
12- A scorner loveth not one that reproveth him: neither will he go unto the wise.
14- The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.
26- The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.”
The 3 Abominations to the LORD :
1. The Sacrifice of the Wicked (vs 8)
2. The Way of the Wicked (vs 9)
3. The Thoughts of the Wicked (vs 26)
[ ] We can contrast each of these with the behavior of the Righteous before God:
1. The Upright’s Prayer is God’s Delight (vs 8)
2. God loves those that follow after Righteousness (vs 9)
3. The Words of the Pure are Pleasant (vs 26)
““And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.”
Isaiah 35:8 KJV
“To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.”
Proverbs 21:3 KJV
“Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.”
Ecclesiastes 5:1 KJV
- God doesn’t care for the Sacrifice,the Way Of the Wicked or the Thoughts of the Wicked!
- God’s delight is with the Pure, Upright & the Righteous!
- We Must endeavor to walk the Highway of Holiness in which there is no error!
( See – Obedience is Better than Sacrifice by GL Jones)
Copyright 2017 by GL Jones Publishing & Christian Heritage Press. All rights reserved.