By GL Jones
I lay awake in bed on Thursday Nite (10/6/16) thinking about the following:
- Over my lifetime God has given me the full Revelation of Prudence which includes :(Wisdom,Understanding, Knowledge and Discretion)
- One can have: ( All Wisdom,all Understanding and all Knowledge and yet not choose to Use All Discretion in a given situation)
- Discretion is a Choice to exercise all of the Wisdom, Understanding & Knowledge during any given situation.
- As the man and head of the household, family, and my wife : Discretion is a choice dwell with my wife according to Knowledge, to use Understanding as to what should be done for the good of my family, and to use Wisdom in dealing with my children, grandchildren and others in my life.
- My first ministry is my Family!
- To whom much is given, much is required, which means if God requires the Responsibility from the man concerning his household and family, then God will also give me the Authority to rule with Prudence the said Family & Household.
- Too many men are weak in our society and look to their wives for guidance and direction in the home.
- There is a difference in being joint heirs and being dominated by the wife in the home.
- Both the Husband & the Wife need to know accept their rightful places in the home according to the Scriptures.
- Men and women need to recognize this reality in marriage.
- A greater responsibility is always placed on the man or husband in any marriage concerning the use of DISCRETION (the full ear of Prudence).
- This includes : the husband being able to remain calm in a disagreement with the wife and to be able to humble oneself!
- Men, your wife and children will always follow your lead or example in most cases!
“For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.”
1 Peter 3:5-7 KJV
“Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:”
Ephesians 5:21-29 KJV
Copyright GL Jones Publishing & Christian Heritage Press.All rights reserved 2016.