By GL Jones
28-The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
29-The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
30-The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.
31-The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
32-He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.
33-The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
Overview: Proverbs 15:28
In Proverbs, chapter 15, Solomon makes many contrasts.In Part V, we will start in vs 28:
- In verse 28, Solomon compares the heart of the righteous ( which thinks before it speaks) and the mouth of the wicked that pours out EVIL things!
- In verse 29, Solomon says that God separates himself from the Wicked but he hears the PRAYER of the Righteous!
- In verse 30,Solomon says the light of the eyes (Revelation or Enlightenment) maketh the heart to REJOICE while good news will make the bones fat!
- In verse 31, Solomon tells us that a man that will hear the REPROOF of Life will abide among the wise.This reminds me of another saying: “Young only ONCE but IMMATURE INDEFINITELY!” Some people never grow up!
- In verse 32,Solomon warns us that a man that refuses REPROOF despiseth his own soul, but the man that hearth the REPROOF gets UNDERSTANDING
And lastly in verse 33, Solomon tells us that:The FEAR Of THE LORD is the INSTRUCTION of WISDOM and that before HONOR is HUMILITY !
Christian Heritage Press and G.L. Jones Publishing.All rights reserved.